The music is amazing. He can excite hundreds and unite thousands. But as an industry, it’s been slow, complicated and patchwork. As the world of technology has looked to the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by the inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia, we believe there is a better solution. This is why we are now undertaking to transform the whole industry; create new revenue streams, consolidate data and declutter administration. Unlocking the full potential of the industry by unifying it all in a truly holistic space. Some might call it a utopia.
Surprisingly, so are we. Welcome to Utopia. Where the music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is grappling with the very basics of music accounting: what was played, when and where? Who should be paid and how much?
Utopia Music bridges the data divide by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to a trusted, industry-wide platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair pay for every game to create a better world for music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of incumbents from the industry – it is about bringing transparency to the industry and supporting effective royalty collection for all.
By merging music and technology, Utopia Music can bridge the data divide and partner with the entire value chain to make “Fair Pay for Every Play” a reality. As part of its mission to help each stakeholder focus on their strengths by providing them with advanced tools and intelligence, Utopia Music aims to facilitate access to knowledge and expertise through education.
Reporting to the Vice President of Public Policy, the Director of Education is responsible for developing and executing the education strategy in close collaboration with internal teams and in cooperation with Utopia’s network of industry partners. music.
- Oversee the design, development and delivery of educational programs for various stakeholders within the Utopia Music ecosystem with a particular focus on improving understanding of copyright management across the value chain musical.
- Develop the network of high profile and trusted industry experts to assist in the development, management and delivery of educational programs.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Marketing team and VP of Global Artist and Creator Community, helping to develop top-notch educational content and resources
- Collaborate with relevant business bodies, associations, institutions, incubators and communities to develop tailored engagement, outreach and design programs in the form of workshops, webinars and resources.
- Develop and maintain Utopia Music’s relationships with academic partners, including schools, colleges, universities and institutions.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the education of music creators and the music business, as well as education topics emerging on the agenda of Utopia’s policy environment.
- A strong general understanding of the music industry and a proven experience and track record of working with education in the music or creative industries.
- Strong knowledge of current learning and teaching trends, theories and technologies.
- Ability to design, develop and implement effective professional development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully negotiate and influence.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and project management skills.
- A clear, concise and persuasive style of writing and speaking.
- Curiosity and strategic thinking, with the ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- A commitment to establish, track and use key performance indicators to prove the impact of our education efforts.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Good atmosphere – we live, love and breathe music and technology!
- Work in a team focused on impact and an inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with a proven track record at multiple startups and large tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy offers utopians the freedom to work either in one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive advantages ; packages are location dependent. You will receive more details about this during the interview process.
- Relocation may be an option, depending on your current and desired location.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English.
- We invite you to an introductory video call with the talent acquisition team to get to know you better and share more about us.
- Meet with the hiring manager for the position.
- Meet your closest future stakeholders.
As we want to bring transparency, trust and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know that change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization that strives to think clearly and do what we set out to do.
We execute with urgency and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all responsible.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and invite anyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where the music lives!