WELCOME TO UTOPIA
The music is amazing. He can excite hundreds and unite thousands. But as an industry, it’s been slow, complicated and patchwork. As the world of technology has looked to the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by the inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia, we believe there is a better solution. This is why we are now undertaking to transform the whole industry; create new revenue streams, consolidate data and declutter administration. Unlocking the full potential of the industry by unifying it all in a truly holistic space. Some might call it a utopia.
Surprisingly, so are we. Welcome to Utopia. Where the music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is grappling with the very basics of music accounting: what was played, when and where? Who should be paid and how much?
Utopia Music bridges the data divide by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to a trusted, industry-wide platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair pay for every game to create a better world for music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of incumbents from the industry – it is about bringing transparency to the industry and supporting effective royalty collection for all.
The primary objective of the sales team is to achieve growth and achieve sales targets for Utopia and its business units. This means anticipating and supporting strategic activities that continue to expand Utopia’s customer base and increase our presence. We are looking for a talented and ambitious Sales Director to support Financial Services Europe, a dynamic and rapidly growing business unit within Utopia that helps deliver Fair pay for every game.
Utopia offers the music industry’s best financial services enabling insurance and financing to increase music liquidity by providing the most trusted prepayment and money management tools for creators. We bring transparency, fairness and efficiency to the music industry, and that’s also what we value in the way we work. You will help our Financial Services Europe to be the ultimate partner of choice for the music industry by partnering with music distributors, labels and independent publishers and artists to drive sales and business development.
As a Commercial Manager or Senior Commercial Manager-Financial Services Europe, you are part of a growing global sales team that drives business value and maximizes Utopia sales. You will report to the Commercial Director Europe Business Unit Financial Services.
- You will achieve growth and achieve sales goals.
- Support the implementation of a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures its strong presence.
- Build and promote strong, lasting relationships with your customers by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Present sales, income and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the Commercial Director and the management team.
- Identify emerging markets and market changes while being fully aware of new products and the state of competition.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a sales manager or in a higher level commercial role; consistently meet or exceed goals.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, sales or a relevant field is a plus.
- Fluency in English, any other language is an asset.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the UK and European music industry is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with finesse, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Excellent business acumen and industry expertise.
- Complementary skills in accounting and finance would be appreciated.
- Sense of analysis and numbers.
- Stand up for diversity and inclusion!
- Creative thinking and ability to see the big picture and plan strategically.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Good atmosphere – we live, love and breathe music and technology!
- Work in a team focused on impact and an inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with a proven track record at multiple startups and large tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy offers utopians the freedom to work either in one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive advantages ; packages are location dependent. You will receive more details about this during the interview process.
- We only recruit within our European sites for this job (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria) and therefore only able to move forward with applications from those already based in these locations and eligible to work in the country in which you are based.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English
- We invite you to an introductory video call with the talent acquisition team to get to know you better and share more about us
- We invite you to a video interview with the Commercial Director of Financial Services Europe to whom this position will report.
- We invite you to a video interview with an internal speaker from our Financial Services business unit.
As we want to bring transparency, trust and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know that change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization that strives to think clearly and do what we set out to do.
We execute with urgency and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all responsible.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and invite anyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where the music lives!